What Can Bankruptcy Do for Me?
While bankruptcy can eliminate debt, it will not get rid of all types of debt. A careful review of your debt and circumstances is necessary to properly advise you of what relief a bankruptcy can provide you.
- Bankruptcy can wife our credit card debt and other unsecured debt
- Bankruptcy can stop creditors from harassing you and other collection activities
- Bankruptcy can eliminate some liens on your property
- Bankruptcy can give you the ability to move forward with your life and make it possible for you to deal with current expenses
- A Bankruptcy may also allow you stop a foreclosure
- Allow you to keep certain exempt property like retirement accounts
- Allow you to cram down the amount you own on certain loans like some car loans and some second mortgages