Justia Lawyer Rating
Super Lawyers
Expertise - Best Divorce Lawyers in Jacksonville

St. Johns County Guardianship Lawyer

 St. Johns County Guardianship Lawyer - Our St. Johns County Guardianship Lawyers are ready to assist you in guardianship matters within St. Johns County, Florida. St. Johns County is part of the Greater Jacksonville Metropolitan area. St. Johns County encompasses Hastings, Palm Valley, Ponte Vedra, Ponte Vedra Beach, and St. Augustine (county seat). All guardianship proceedings are filed in the probate and mental health departments of the St. Johns County Courthouse. Guardianship proceedings can be over incapacitated adults, minor children, the elderly, and developmentally disabled adults.

Depending upon your circumstances, a guardianship over another person may be in your future. Guardianship cases may be required for the elderly, the incapacitated, the developmentally disabled adult, the drug or alcohol dependent, and the mentally ill. Additionally, guardianships may be over a minor child whose parents have passed away or cannot care for them. A guardianship is also necessary whenever a minor child, including your natural children, receives an amount of money over $15,000.00. This money may result from an inheritance, a settlement for a personal injury or wrongful death action, or any other property given which is more than the amount allowable by law.

Any resident of the state of Florida who is 18 years of age or older and who is not disqualified by the reasons listed in the Florida Statutes may act as guardian of a “ward” (the person for whom a guardian has been appointed).
A non-resident of the state may serve as guardian of a resident ward if he or she is:
  1. Related by lineal consanguinity to the ward.
  2. A legally adopted child or adoptive parent of the ward.
  3. A spouse, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, niece, or nephew of the ward, or someone related by lineal consanguinity to any such person.
  4. The spouse of a person otherwise qualified under this section.
Our St. Johns Guardianship Lawyers are knowledgeable in guardianship matters and have experience with plenary guardianships, limited guardianships, voluntary guardianships, guardianship of minors, and guardian advocacy. We can also assist you in granting temporary custody of a minor child to an extended family member. 
Client Reviews
"As a real estate agent, I have been involved with many property transactions where I needed a probate attorney to help facilitate the transaction. I have used the services of Mr. Goldman and his staff over the last several years and continue to use them on a regular basis. His office has been able to navigate the court system and help estates sell their property quickly and efficiently..." Michael Starling
"I've had Mr. Goldman do my entire estate planning as well as my gun trust. I highly recommend him and his firm. If you're planning a gun trust, trust no one else Mr. Goldman is one of if not the best versed on this topic." Howard
“Great service is an understatement. We bought several properties that Mr. Goldman handled for his clients. The communication and explanation of everything was terrific. I would definitely recommend him for all of your real estate needs.” Kassandra
“After struggling with 2 probate cases prior to hiring attorney Goldman I was extremely apprehensive during the hiring phase. Not only did Attorney Goldman assure me they could take care of this his office was wonderful. Jennifer was assigned to my case and she was wonderful and were able to guide another probate case I had saving me additional time and frustration. Highly recommend this office.” Debbie