Justia Lawyer Rating
Super Lawyers
Expertise - Best Divorce Lawyers in Jacksonville

LGBT 2nd Parent Rights

Gay, Lesbian, Same-Sex Couples, Unmarried Couples, Non-Legal Relationship with Children

Protecting the Florida “Non-Legal”or Second Parent’s Relationship with their Child.

If you are the gay, lesbian or same-sex non-legal parent of children and are unable to create a legal parent-child relationship, there are still steps you can take to support and protect the second parent’s relationship with the child. Some of the documents to be considered are a Last Will and Testament, Nomination of Guardian and an authorization to consent to the medical treatment of a minor.

To learn more about how a Will, Nomination of Guardian and various other documents can help you protect the rights of a Non-legal or Second Parent, contact a Jacksonville, Florida, Gay and Lesbian Estate Planning Attorney.

Client Reviews
"As a real estate agent, I have been involved with many property transactions where I needed a probate attorney to help facilitate the transaction. I have used the services of Mr. Goldman and his staff over the last several years and continue to use them on a regular basis. His office has been able to navigate the court system and help estates sell their property quickly and efficiently..." Michael Starling
"I've had Mr. Goldman do my entire estate planning as well as my gun trust. I highly recommend him and his firm. If you're planning a gun trust, trust no one else Mr. Goldman is one of if not the best versed on this topic." Howard
“Great service is an understatement. We bought several properties that Mr. Goldman handled for his clients. The communication and explanation of everything was terrific. I would definitely recommend him for all of your real estate needs.” Kassandra
“After struggling with 2 probate cases prior to hiring attorney Goldman I was extremely apprehensive during the hiring phase. Not only did Attorney Goldman assure me they could take care of this his office was wonderful. Jennifer was assigned to my case and she was wonderful and were able to guide another probate case I had saving me additional time and frustration. Highly recommend this office.” Debbie