FDCPA & Debt Collectors
The FDCPA applies to personal debts and does not apply to business debts.Debt Collectors are Defined as:
- A person who regularly collects, or attempts to collect, personal debts on behalf of another person or institution; and
- A person who regularly collects, or attempts to collect, personal debts on his/her/its own behalf, but uses a different name in doing so.
- an entity collecting another entity's debt in a rare occurrence;
- an entity which collects its own debts using its own name;
- an entity which owned the debt and sold it, but continues to service it; or
- an entity which is attempting to collect a debt in good standing or not in default.
If you need to stop a debt collection, contact a Florida Debt Collection Lawyer at our firm to discuss your options.