Can I Expunge my Florida Criminal Record?
To determine if your Florida criminal record can be expunged, you must answer a series of questions.
- Did you plea guilty or no contest to the offense you would like to have expunged?
- Were you found guilty or not guilty after a trial?
- Note: In order to have your record expunged, either (a) the charges were dropped or (b) this offense has been sealed for over 10 years.
- Have you been (a) convicted of ANY criminal offense as an adult or (b) adjudicated delinquent as a juvenile?
- Have you ever had your criminal record sealed or expunged before in any state?
- Note: This question does not apply if you had an offense sealed 10 years ago, and you are applying to have that same offense expunged.
If you answered "Yes" to any of the four questions above, you are not eligible to have your record expunged. Remember that answering these questions is merely a starting point and every case is different. In order to determine if your Florida criminal record can be expunged, you should consult with a Jacksonville Record Expunging Attorney. To set up a consultation, call (904) 685-1200.