Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
Florida Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is very similar to the charge of Driving Under the Influence (DUI). According to Florida Statute Section 327.35, boating under the influence occurs when a person:
- is operating a vessel; and
- is under the influence of alcoholic beverages or a chemical substance to the extend that his or her normal faculties are impaired; or
- has a blood or breath alcohol level of 0.08 or higher.
The penalties for boating under the influence is Jacksonville, Florida vary depending on how many convictions you have accumulated in the past, which are analogous to Jacksonville DUI penalties. The penalties including the following:
- fines ranging from $500 to $4000;
- jail or prison time;
- substance abuse education, evaluation, and treatment;
- community service; and
- impoundment or immobilization of the vessel.
If you have been arrested for Boating Under the Influence in Jacksonville, Florida or the surrounding areas, contact a Jacksonville Boating Under the Influence Attorney via email or call (904) 685-1200.