Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
Jacksonville BUI Defense Lawyer
Florida Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is very similar to the charge of Driving Under the Influence (DUI). According to Florida Statute Section 327.35, boating under the influence occurs when a person:
- is operating a vessel; and
- is under the influence of alcoholic beverages or a chemical substance to the extend that his or her normal faculties are impaired; or
- has a blood or breath alcohol level of 0.08 or higher.
- fines ranging from $500 to $4000;
- jail or prison time;
- substance abuse education, evaluation, and treatment;
- community service; and
- or immobilization of the vessel.